"Moldovatransgaz" LLC is one of the main enterprises providing transmission of natural gas to the countries of the Balkan region (Romania, Bulgaria, and Turkey) to border consumers in Ukraine and to consumers in the Republic of Moldova. The organizational structure of "Moldovatransgaz" LLC consists of 3 linear production sites (Drochia, Chisinau, Vulcanesti) with more than 600 employees.
"Moldovatransgaz" LLC is the operator of the gas transmission system of the Republic of Moldova, that performs a set of organizational and technical measures for the maintenance and operation of main gas pipelines and their facilities:
- Main gas pipelines - 656,307 km;
* ACB ……………….……...…. 9.1 billion m3/year
* ATI …………………......……. 20 billion m3/year
* RI and SDKRI …………… 14.6 billion m3/year
- Gas Pipelines branches - 903,478 km.
- Compressor Stations:
* CS - Drochia with a total capacity of 31.5 MW;
* CS - Soldanesti with a total capacity of 24 +MW;
* CS - Vulcanesti with a total capacity of 20 MW.
- Gas Metering Station - GMS Causani with an output capacity of 80 million cubic meters per day.
- Automobile gas filling compressor stations - 7 units.
- Gas Distribution Stations (GDS) - 81 units.
- Cable communication lines - 2000 km.
- Cathodic protection stations (CPS) - 222 units.
The main gas pipelines ATI, RI, SDKRI, and the Vulcanesti Compressor Station ensure the transportation of natural gas to the countries of the Balkan region and gas supplies to consumers in the southern region of the Republic of Moldova.
The main gas pipeline ACB and the Drochia compressor station ensure the transit of natural gas to the underground gas storage facility in Bohorodchany (Ukraine) and gas supplies to consumers in the central and northern regions of the Republic of Moldova.
"Moldovatransgaz" LLC performs construction and installation operation on main gas pipelines and their facilities, and also provides technical supervision for all construction projects in the Republic of Moldova.
In 2007 the construction of a new gas pipeline DN - 530mm “Tocuz - Cainari – Mereni” with a total length of 62.74 km was completed. The commissioning of this gas pipeline ensures the maintenance of constant pressure for the city of Chisinau in the autumn-winter period, the period of maximum gas consumption, as well as the possibility of further gasification of the Causeni and Anenii-Noi locations.